Is church membership important anymore?
We at Redlands Community Church believe it is! Membership both expresses Redlands' commitment to you as a member as well as your commitment to Christ and His church. Biblically, it is notable that the people of God are always listed by name in the Bible. Consider also the basic New Testament assumption that every Christian is part of a local fellowship of believers. An unchurched Christian simply doesn't fit in the New Testament mindset!
In an age where individuality reigns, it is more important now than ever as followers of Christ to unite ourselves with one another in community. As one might plant a stake in the ground to mark an area or identify something, membership marks us as a family and identifies us with the visible church.
The requirements for church membership at Redland's are to attend the "Introduction to RCC" class during the Sunday School hour, which allows you to learn about the purpose, identity, mission, and theology of our church, and to give a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ, the Savior of Sinners!
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
Notice that these vows do not require that you agree with us in every point of doctrine, but only that you be a sincere and devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Redlands opens her doors to all who embrace Jesus as Messiah, Lord, and Savior. For more information about the next "Intro to RCC" class contact the church office.